Win a Blu-Ray copy of the Trilogy
Available in stores NOW!
Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy (1985-1990) When teenager Marty McFly is blasted back to 1955 in the DeLorean time machine created by the eccentric Doc Brown, he finds himself in a time-shattering mess that could vaporize his future and his very existence! Then, Marty and Doc launch themselves to the year 2015 to fine-tune the future and inadvertently disrupt the space time continuum. Now, their only chance to fix it is by going back to 1955 all over again! Then, stranded in 1955 after a freak accident, McFly discovers he must travel back to 1885 to rescue Doc! It’s up to Marty to keep Doc out of trouble, get the DeLorean running and put the past, present and future on track so they can all get… back to the future!
You can read more details at the movie’s website.
- The Physics of Back to the Future, an interesting, if too short, discussion with physicist Michio Kaku about how the films mostly get the science part right.
- Nuclear Test Site Ending Storyboard Sequence, a nice look at the original ending of the film, with an optional commentary by Gale.
- Back to the Future Night, an archival featurette hosted by Leslie Nielsen which aired on NBC prior to the first televised broadcast of the initial film.
- Deleted Scenes, over three discs, 16 excised moments, some with some pretty bad print damage, all with optional Gale commentary.
- Michael J. Fox Q & A (SD; 10:20), where the star reminisces about the films.
- Q & A Commentaries with Zemeckis and Gale, a kind of weird but interesting set of sessions at USC after the films had been screened for an audience, hosted by the ubiquitous, and sometimes hard to understand, Laurent Bouzerau.
- Feature Commentaries with Gale and co-producer Neil Canton, a more nuts and bolts style set of commentaries which are interesting and very informative.
- Archival Featurettes, a compendium of older documentaries on the films, which includes:
- Making of the Trilogy: Chapters One, and Three A 2002 documentary released with the DVD version of the films.
- The Making of ‘Back to the Future’ Parts I , II and III.
- Another vintage set of documentaries.
- The Secrets of the ‘Back to the Future’ Trilogy, a Kirk Cameron hosted TV special which answers fan questions about the series.
- Behind The Scenes, a series of archival material which includes:
- Original Make-up Tests, where you can see Lloyd before his Einstein-Stokowski transformation Outtakes over three discs, with gags and on set mishaps.
- Production Design
- Designing the DeLorean
- Designing Time Travel
- Hoverboard Test
- Evolution of the Visual Effects Sequences Designing Hill Valley, more production design info.
- Designing the Campaign, marketing info.
- FAQs, text only questions about the series, with answers by Zemeckis and Gale.
- Back to the Future: The Ride, with both the video components and actual ride footage from the theme park attraction.
- Music Videos of Huey Lewis and the News performing Power of Love and ZZ Top performing DoubleBack.
- Photo Galleries, which include production art, storyboards, photos, marketing materials and character portraits.
- Theatrical Trailers and Teasers for all of the films.